(Photo by Rowan Heuvel on Unsplash)
You may have heard that it’s better to hire a roofing contractor, rather than a general contractor with a specialty in roofing services – or you may have heard the exact opposite thing. With these mixed messages being offered, it’s natural to be confused, so here is some information to guide you along the decision-making process.
First, it’s important to be clear about the company you’re considering: how are they licensed? With Camden Roofing and Construction, although we are best known for our roofing services in the Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina areas, we are actually licensed general contractors. We are licensed in the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Colorado and Texas, although we primarily do business in North Carolina.
Hiring a General Contractor: How That Benefits You
One of the biggest benefits of choosing a general contractor is that, if you need additional work done beyond roofing, you don’t have to call one company for your roofing, another for your HVAC services, another one for your electrical work and so forth. You simply make one call.
- Hardwood or carpet flooring
- Gutter cleaning and/or repair
- Flood light installation or changing
- Ceiling fan installation
- Light installation
- Garage door work
- Electrical install or repair (switches)
- Drywall repair
- Carpentry, including decks, porches and cabinets
- HVAC services
- Concrete (driveways and patios)
- Garbage disposal installation or repair
We also repair appliances, paint, do lawn care, including landscaping – and even offer housekeeping services.
Our ability to take on a broad range of general maintenance and handyman services is especially helpful when you don’t have time in your busy schedule to handle certain jobs – or when you don’t have the right tools or it’s more than a one-person job. Any time there is storm damage or you’re ready to add an addition to your home or do an extensive remodel, it’s a whole lot easier to count on one group of experienced professionals than to piecemeal it out, step by step. Who has time for that?
Camden Roofing and Construction: North Carolina Roofing Service Specialists
(Images from USplash and Pexel)
Now, after saying all that, we at Camden are most well-known for our roofing expertise!
By now, you might be wondering if it always makes more sense to hire a general contractor for your roofing needs rather than a roofing contractor – and the answer is no, not always. The reality is that it depends upon the specific company you have in mind.
If you’re considering a general contractor that specializes in roofing, ask yourself the following questions:
- What certifications does this company have?
- Are they new to the industry?
- What does the BBB say about their work and reputation?
- If I ask references, how will they respond? How willing are they to provide them?
Here is a short list of our answers:
- We are an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, which means that Owens Corning – a global leader in roofing materials – considers us one of the best among the best!
- We formed our company in 2010, with the goal being to provide superior craftsmanship and excellent customer service to everyone we serve.
- BBB rates us with an “A.”
- We are more than happy to provide references! Contact us online or call 704-858-2141 today. We look forward to serving you.