Annual Roof Inspection Why That is So Valuable? You’re already a fan of preventative maintenance if you do any of these items:
- Have your furnace inspected annually
- Have your air conditioning system inspected annually
- Regularly change the batteries in your smoke detectors
- Go for an annual physical
- Have the oil, filters, belts and more inspected and changed in your vehicle
It also makes good sense to have annual roof inspection services on your home, because your home is your biggest investment. Issues that can be discovered during an inspection include:
- Hail damage
- Wind damage
- Ice/snow damage
- Loose shingles and/or shakes
- Missing and/or cracked pieces of tile or slate
- Loose flashing
- Corroded flashing
- Sagging areas between rafters or near ridges
- Problems with roof ventilation
- Rusting metal
- Leaks, which can compromise the integrity of the inside of your home
- Roof granules in the gutters, a sign that roofing problems are imminent
- Depressions, especially near venting pipes that can cause pooling of water
The reality is that, even if there haven’t been any hailstorms and even if there hasn’t been any wind, ice or snow damage to your roof, weather is still a key factor in wearing down your roof. Hot sun can cause roof deterioration, because of UV light, infrared radiation and thermal expansion. Trained professionals will recognize the signs, which include (but are not limited to) faded shingles.
Importance of Regular Inspections
It’s the job of your roof to protect you and your family. When you have regular roof inspections, minor issues can be addressed. As just one example, let’s say that you have a few loose shingles that you aren’t aware of; that’s normal because you can’t see everything on your roof from an inspection from the ground. If those shingles are fixed, they are more likely to hold up when a storm hits. If they aren’t fixed, these already-vulnerable shingles are much more likely to be further damaged in a storm – which can lead to leaks that create water damage in the inside of your home.
What Sets Professional Roof Inspection Services Apart
It’s fairly easy to inspect the roof from the ground. The problem, as mentioned, is that not all problems can be spotted that way. People with some general maintenance knowledge can spot surface issues by getting on top of the roof. But, it takes an expert eye to evaluate problems below the surface, those focusing on the structural integrity of your roof. It takes an expert to professionally assess moisture levels, ventilation and insulation issues and more.
Camden Roofing and Construction: FREE Roof Inspection for Your Home
We know how important it is for you to get an annual roof inspection – and so we are offering a free inspection for residences. We are licensed in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Colorado and Texas. We are an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with a rating of “A.”
Contact us online or call 704-858-2141 today for a FREE roof inspection on your home.